The GlyMed Plus mission is to create the greatest professional skin care through pharmaceutical grade ingredients that deliver visible results to promote healthy, beautiful skin
- Pure Raw Material
- Natural Botanicals
- No Animal Testing
- Cruelty Free
- No Unnecessary Chemicals
- No Synthetic Fragrances
- No Phthalates
- 99% Paraben Free
Glymed combines both a Holistic and Pharmeceutical approach to skin care. These products are used in all of Mālie Therapeutic's skin care treatments.
According to the FDA, Pharmaceutical grade products are required to be 99% pure, where Cosmetic grade products are only required to be 70% pure.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) divides skin care products into two separate categories:
2. Cosmetic Grade
Pharmaceutical grade products you apply topically penetrate through the layers of the epidermis and affect the function and structure of the skin. Pharmaceutical products undergo rigorous testing that can go on for more than 10 years and cost millions of dollars. Pharmaceutical grade products are only available through a licensed professional. These products not only contain a higher percentage of active ingredients, but a higher quality of each ingredient. Active ingredients and percentages can make a difference in the skin leading to more affective and faster results.
A treatment in which a licensed professional applies an acid solution to the skin to deeply exfoliate and remove the damaged layers of the epidermis.
- Improve texture and scarring
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce age spots, melasma, and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Strengthen skin, keeping it active and youthful
- Improves most grades of acne
- Lighten dark spots under the eyes
Acids are chemicals derived from natural sources or synthetically made to enhance the exfoliation of the skin.
Common acids in skin care products are Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA), and Resorcinol.
- 2 Cleanses are typically performed
- A Pre-Treatment solution is applied
- The Chemical solution will be applied, your Esthetician will check in with you periodically
- Healing and calming products are applied
- You will need to care for your skin for the next 7 to 14 days. Half of the results from your treatment will be achieved in the clinic, but the other half are up to you. You need to care for your skin at home.
- Itching, prickling, and/or heat
- Flushing and slight swelling or tightness
- Possible tenderness and sensitivity
- Do not pick, rub, or unnecessarily touch the face
- Avoid all sun exposure
- Do not spray shower directly on the face
- Avoid exercise for 48 to 72 hours
- Minimize facial expressions